Thomas Edison quotes that will show you that anything is possible.There are days when you need to read a few quotes to really understand the meaning of life and work. There are quotes that are spoken by many famous people from various backgrounds and professions and these will surely help you in many ways. There are so many Thomas Edison quotes that can help you when you are tired of being in the same old rut, and all you need is a little push, a little inspiration and these quotes will give you just that as they have been spoken by wise people. Luckily, the internet is full of amazing Thomas Edison quotes that will make you look at life through new eyes. These Thomas Edison quotes will help make your day and you will feel better about yourself, your job and your life.
Thomas Edison was born on February 11, in the year, 1847 and he had been an inventor and also a businessman. Thomas Edison has been credited with a lot of developing a few devices in fields like mass communication, electric power generation, motion pictures and sound recording. Thomas Edison’s inventions included the phonograph, the long-lasting, the motion picture camera, and practical electric light bulb, and they had a huge impact on the industrialized world. Thomas Edison had been one of the very first inventors who had applied the principles of teamwork and mass production to the process of invention, and he had worked with a lot of employees and researchers.
Thomas Edison had been raised in the American Midwest, and early on in Thomas Edison’s career, he had worked as a telegraph operator, and this had inspired a few of his earliest inventions. In the year, 1876, Thomas Edison had established his very first laboratory facility in Menlo Park where a lot of his early inventions had been developed. Thomas Edison had been a very prolific inventor, and he had held 1,093 US patents in his name.
So many personalities across the world have spoken words of wisdom and these have become household quotes in schools and homes. Thomas Edison quotes have helped many across the world who have been looking for inspiration and motivation. Thomas Edison has been quoted saying a lot of wise things that have surprised many because of his high level of intellect and method of thinking. As you go through these Thomas Edison quotes, you will become a new person and will realise what life is really all about. The phrasing of the statements contributes to a lot to the effectiveness of the quotes and a study conducted in the year, 2000 had proven that when people were shown two statements of the same saying, the participants said that preferred the rhyming aphorism quotes.Thomas Edison quotes are just like these so you will surely love them.
Thomas Edison has really been through a lot of situations in life and so, these quotes crop up form real life experiences. Thomas Edison quotes have been said after many years of experience and struggles and so you can always apply them to your life and your situations and try and make a better future for yourself. These Thomas Edison quotes will help you in renewing your spirit and mind in ways you have never imagined. As you scroll down the page and read these Thomas Edison quotes, be ready to see a new you, because these quotes are more than just words, they are magic and the truth of life that will change the way you think. So, here we have for you some Thomas Edison quotes which will paint a new picture of life for you.
1. “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration”.
2. “Tomorrow is my exam but I don’t care because a single sheet of paper can’t decide my future”.
3. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits”.
4. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it”.
5. “Great ideas originate in the muscles.”
6. “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration”.
7. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.”:
8. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”:
9. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”:
10 . “There’s a way to do it better. Find it.”
11. “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
12. “I failed my way to success.”
13. “What you are will show in what you do.”
14. “Tomorrow is my exam but I don’t care because a single sheet of paper can’t decide my future.”
15. “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.”
16. “There are no rules – we’re trying to accomplish something.”
17. “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”
18 “I never did anything worth doing by accident.”
19 “Discontent is the first necessity of progress.”
20. “When a man desires a thing so deeply that he is willing to stake his entire future on a single turn of the wheel in order to get it, he is sure to win.”
21. “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.”
22. “If parents pass enthusiasm along to their children , they will leave them an estate of incalculable value.”
23. “Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.
24. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in the overalls and looks like hard work.”
25. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work: second, stick-to-itiveness: third, common sense.”
26. “We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.”
27. “The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.”
28. “To have a great idea, have a lot of them.”
29. “There is time for everything.”
30. “I’ve never made a mistake. I’ve only learned from experience.”
31. “You can’t realise your dreams unless you have one to begin with.”
32. “The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.”
33. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.”
34. “Vision without execution is hallucination.”
35. “I start where the last man left off.”
36. “When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.”
37. “Anything that won’t sell, I don’t want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.”
38. “There is far more opportunity than there is ability.”
39. “One might think that the money value of an invention constitutes its reward to the man who loves his work. But… I continue to find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.”
40. “Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work.”
41. “Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.”
42. “Waste is worse than loss. The time is coming when every person who lays claim to ability will keep the question of waste before him constantly. The scope of thrift is limitless.”
43 “The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.”
44. “To have a great idea, have a lot of them”.
45. “The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.”
46. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
47. “There’s a way to do it better – find it.”
48. “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.”
49. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.”
50. “I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.”
51. “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.”
52. “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.”
53.”I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.”
54. “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.”
55. “Learn with both your head and hands”.
56. “I start where the last man left off”.
57. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless”.
58. “Our schools are not teaching students to think. It is astonishing how many young people have difficulty in putting their brains definitely and systematically to work…”
59. “I am not overly impressed by the great names and reputations of those who might be trying to beat me to an invention…. It’s their ‘ideas’ that appeal to me. I am quite correctly described as ‘more of a sponge than an inventor…”
60. “Of all my inventions, I liked the phonograph best…”
61 “Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge…”
62. “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human body, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease…”
63. “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something…”
64. “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages…”
65. “The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast…”
66. It is a terrible situation when the Government, to insure the National Wealth, must go in debt and submit to ruinous interest charges, at the hands of men, who control the fictitious value of gold. Interest is the invention of Satan”.
67. “Personally, I enjoy working about 18 hours a day. Besides the short catnaps I take each day, I average about four to five hours of sleep per night…”
68. . “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have…”
69. “Maturity is often more absurd than youth and very frequently is most unjust to youth…”
70. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the thing that he can least afford to waste or lose…”
71.“What a wonderfully small idea mankind has of the Almighty. My impression is that he has made unchangeable laws to govern this and billions of other worlds and that he has forgotten even the existence of this little mote of ours ages ago”.
72. “Smoking too much makes me nervous. Must lasso my natural tendency to acquire such habits. Holding heavy cigar constantly in my mouth has deformed my upper lip, it has a sort of Havana curl”.
73. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up”.
74. “A lawsuit is the suicide of time”.
75. “We are going out with the ladies in yacht to sail, perchance to fish. The lines will be bated at both ends”.
76. “We really haven’t got any great amount of data on the subject, and without data how can we reach any definite conclusions? All we have — everything — favors the idea of what religionists call the “Hereafter.” Science, if it ever learns the facts, probably will find another more definitely descriptive term”.
77. “The roots of tobacco plants must go clear through to hell. Satan’s principal agent Dyspepsia must have charge of this branch of the vegetable kingdom”.
78. “Not one of all the gods of all the various theologies has ever really been proved. We accept no ordinary scientific fact without the final proof; why should we, then, be satisfied in this most mighty of all matters, with a mere theory”?
79. “I do not believe in the God of the theologians; but that there is a Supreme Intelligence I do not doubt”.
80. “We don’t know a millionth of one percent about anything.81. There’s a way to do it better – find it”.
82. “There is no substitute for hard work”.
83. “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something”.
84. “Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work”.
85. “What a man’s mind can create, man’s character can control”.
86. “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun”.
87. “I find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.
88. “I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill.
89. “They say President Wilson has blundered. Perhaps he has, but I notice he usually blunders forward”.
90.“To have a great idea, have a lot of them”.
91. “Great Idea Them There is far more opportunity than there is ability”.
92. “I find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success”.
93.“The body is a community made up of its innumerable cells or inhabitants
94 .“When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes”.
95. “They say President Wilson has blundered. Perhaps he has, but I notice he usually blunders forward”.
96. “When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes”.
97. “I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.”
98. “I do not believe in the God of the theologians; but that there is a Supreme Intelligence I do not doubt.”
99.“The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.”
100. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.”
101. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the thing that he can least afford to waste or lose.”