Back in 1984, Peter Parker was possessed by a parasitic alien entity on the faraway planet called Battleworld during the Secret Wars event. Draped in a nifty black costume, Spider-Man came back to Earth with the symbiote and used it as his latest weapon to battle crime.
However, Peter was unaware of the fact that the alien symbiote was capable of thinking on its own. Now, after several decades, it will be revealed what all weird adventures did this symbiote undertake before Peter finally got rid of it.
Marvel’s September releases’ advance solicits revealed to us that the upcoming Amazing: Spider-Man Annual #1 is going to go back to the time when Peter Parker had returned to Earth from Battleworld. Eventually, it would be revealed where the symbiote used to take Spider-Man when Peter Parker used to believe that he was asleep. It is apparent that whatever the symbiote did was definitely nothing good.
Have a look at the full solicitation below:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
- SALADIN AHMED (W) • GARRY BROWN (A)
- Cover by ACO
- VARIANT Cover by Gabriele Dell’Otto
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Video Game Variant Cover BY DENNIS CHAN
- TIES THAT BIND! Years ago, Spider-Man came back from an alien world with a fantastic new costume — one he eventually learned was a living alien symbiote looking to bond with him permanently! But before he rejected the costume that went on to become VENOM, many a night the symbiote would creep onto Peter, and unbeknownst to its host, take them out into the night!
- Now, for the first time, see just what the symbiote steered Peter into during these mysterious nighttime excursions! Saladin Ahmed (BLACK BOLT) weaves an ALL-NEW nightmare fairy tale, illustrated by the incomparable Garry Brown, in what is sure to be a dream book for any Spider-Man fan!
- 40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99