If you are an Arrow fan, then it is almost certain that you will also be a fan of Felicity Smoak, the smoking hot blonde support-system of Oliver Queen aka Arrow. Felicity is a true genius who can blow your mind in so many ways. She is drop-dead gorgeous, she is extremely smart, daring, bold, cute, ambitious and a lady with a spine. However, how well do you know the lady who successfully brings Felicity to life on-screen? Yes, we are talking about the gorgeous Emily Bett Rickards, and here is everything that you should know about this fantastic actress.
1. Emily is a 26-year-old actress born in British Columbia, Canada.
2. As a child, she did musical theater, dance and later studied acting at Vancouver Film School.
3. All you need to do is to listen to her version of Maroon 5 number “Sunday Morning” with Travis Atreo, the YouTube music icon, and you would fall in love with her voice too.
4. Felicity Smoak on Arrow was the first major character she played.
5. Felicity was initially planned as an inconsequential character appearing only for a couple of scenes.
6. It was her terrific rapport with Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen) which compelled them to give her a recurring role on Arrow.
7. Other than Arrow, she has worked in The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow on The CW.
8. No, She has no desire for Felicity to become a superhero or is it that she is already a non-powered Superhero?
9. She is madly in love with Ophi, her dog.
10. She shares a great bond with Colton Haynes (her former co-star from Arrow).
11. She has been a part of an Oscar-winning movie: Brooklyn.
12. Emily wanted to be an astronaut and not a star.
13. It was originally supposed to be just a couple of scenes.
Rickards was slated to act in only two scenes of the CW show. That meant that she
would only be on set for one day. “…as far as I knew, I was being signed for two
scenes — one day of acting. And, I was freaking out because it was so exciting,” she
told Refinery 29.
This all changed very quickly. “Stephen was very complimentary on my first day
working; he said he had a lot of fun when he talked to the producers and execs. And,
then, when they showed the episode to journalists for the first look, everyone was
sort of asking who Felicity was, and that sort of sparked some interest. I was just
very lucky… and then there was this explosion of love and passion and relatability
14. 3 Superheroes Are After Her Heart
Oliver Queen, Barry Allen, and Ray Palmer, aka Arrow, Flash and Atom have all been
suitors for Felicity’s love. The actress is cool about the three guys in the life of Felicity
Smoak. She informed ET, “I think that they all have a very different value, different
depending on where she is and what she’s going to need. They all accentuate
different aspects of Felicity.”
She added, “I think it’s confusing for her because what she needs is someone to kind
of step up to the plate and appreciate her on a deeper level — I don’t know how deep
any of these guys are just yet.”
The clip shared above shows the first kiss between Oliver and Felicity, where he is
heard saying, “Don’t ask me to say that I don’t love you.” The actress can see the
bond between Arrow and Felicity. “There’s just so much love for him that she
couldn’t imagine not talking to him for the rest of her life ever, and I think that’s
something to be said.”
15. She Considered Herself To Become an Actress
After she graduated her high school, she went to film school. During an interview
with Comic Related, Emily said, “As a child, I did musical theatre and singing, and
voice, and I always wanted to do film and television.”
But, there was a time she contemplated doing something else.
There was a point in my life where I either wanted to be an astronaut, an actor, a
veterinarian, or a pirate. And, I thought ‘pirate’ was gonna happen for a really long
time. I had the eyepatch; I had a fake parrot. I had, like, ships in bottles, and I
would draw on maps and make my brother go find the treasure where the ‘X’ was. I
just thought being in space would be really cool, but then you have to have 20/20
vision, which I don’t have, so there.
16. She’s Single
Emily says, “I am single. I have a dog…I date. I’m just so busy all the time.”
Her closeness to her co-star Colton Haynes makes people assume they are dating.
But, they are nothing more than besties. Bustle said, “But, in the other corner, on
basically a completely different friendship playing field, we have Emily and Colton.
We might as well all stop trying to achieve Grand Supreme in the category of Best
Friends because these two have that completely locked down.”
17. She Is Popular Among Her Co-Stars
The general opinion is that her co-stars love spending time with her. Stephen Amell aka Arrow told Just Jared about a scene where Oliver and Emily say goodbye. “That scene between Emily and I, I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the early part of it too with David [Ramsey] and Colton [Haynes]. You know, there was the scene in our first season finale when both David and Emily, their characters, really decide that they want to be there, and Emily has that great line, ‘If you’re not leaving, I’m not leaving.’”
As stated above, Haynes plays Arsenal on the show, and he publicly announces his
emotions for his co-star.
Charlotte Ross plays Felicity’s on-screen mother, Donna Smoak, and she told TV
Line, “You know how beautiful she is on the outside, but I can’t stress enough how
beautiful she is on the inside. She’s such a giving actress; she’s fun to work with, she’s a true professional…. We just have a blast.
DON’T MISS : 10 Hottest Actresses That Played Supervillain